Tuesday, 30 April 2013

In Bud


T and I moved out of our little Ashbourne house on the 14th of April, it was sad to say goodbye to such a sweet old place but it was time to head forward. We're each living with our parents while we search for a place to live in Nottingham - we're going back to the city we met in, and hopefully returning to plenty of new and exciting opportunities too.

So I'm back home in Lincolnshire at present, which is no bad thing! I am making the most of some time with my family, enjoying the peace and quiet of Keepers Cottage, and taking Ted the Border Terrier for walks in the woods around the house. Spring is most definitely in full swing here; Primroses and Forget-Me-Nots have popped up all over the place, the Bluebells are readying their purple loveliness for display and even the Daffodils are resolutely clinging on. When the wind blows in the right direction you can pick up a definite trace of the wild garlic surrounding the garden, although it hasn't yet reached it's most pungent! I've been seeking out a few recipes to put some of it to good use. Everything is coming into bud and even the white-flowered weeds in the wood make a gorgeous carpet. I love Spring. 

16 comments:

  1. you have a good attitude to moving back with your parents for a while. I had to do that shortly leaving home, and while I was grateful that they let me(!) and I had the option, it was still hard to do. But it does make sense.

    Lovely flowers, and gorgeous photos.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy to see a post pop up from you. I love the flowers and old postcard too. I’m picturing Keeper’s Cottage right now, it sounds like a lovely family home. Plenty of places to escape to and opportunity to truly cherish the beautiful surroundings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Lincolnshire sounds gorgeous, I think I really need to get out of London and enjoy the Spring soon! Hope you find a place in Nottingham soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jem....what a sweet post and I agree, such a nice attitude. We enjoyed our grown daughter when she was in grad school and would come home for a time in the summer. It was a joyful time that will never be again. I cherish those memories, as I cherish her. She's moved to Seattle now and is married, so she has moved on too,
    Wishing you the best!
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey darling)
    nice blog)loves it)

    would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your collection of pretty spring things. I remember when I was little and I used to go out for a walk and come home with a collection of pebbles from the beach, some pretty flowers and some sea glass. I still gather collections on walks, it's one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, I've noticed some popping up on the way to the allotment in the past weeks, I love it when spring is on it's way.
    Hope things go well with the house hunt..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you find somewhere you love in Nottingham! We'll have to meet up for a cup of coffee & slice of cake at some point! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I have just found your blog today and I must say that this is really speacial, inspiring and so cosy! I looove your taste and the way you take photos! I have spent the whole afternoon here and I must say you are very talented girl!
    Ann from
    http://somethingsworthtrying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos make me feel warm and fuzzy - beautiful flowers, beautiful shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bold colours in these pics Jem:) Well done for bravely saying goodbye to your beautiful old place and I look forward to glimpses here and there of your new abode:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, I hope everything goes well for you. I'm waiting for the bluebells to turn blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, good luck looking for a new place! I wish I had gotten to visit Nottingham during my stay in the UK; I think I would have liked it there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've put me in the mood for pressing flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photographs are always so beautiful :)

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely post. I'm going to go find some flowers to press!

    http://www.quirkylifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)