Saturday, 21 January 2012

Inspired

Completely off topic, not clutter or thrifting related - no quirky, sparkly or vintage loveliness in this post. But beautiful, as per my blog title. Not beautiful merely in a decorative way but in that deep, profound, moving and lightning-strike 'this makes so much more sense than almost anything I've ever read or watched' sort of way.

I'm not the sort of person who takes what they love and runs across continents with it, I wish I were, maybe I could be if I let it happen.  I have such admiration and respect for anyone who follows a passion, chases a dream, makes things happen and places happiness and feeling fulfilled in what they do at the top of the list.  To that end I'm going to post something I watch whenever I need to feel inspired in some way - it may or may not light your fires but to me it's a feeling captured in poetry, on video and in music all at once.  It's humble and honest, miles from pretentious and beautiful in all the most important ways.

             
DARK SIDE OF THE LENS from Astray Films on Vimeo.


18 comments:

  1. you posted this just as I got logged into blogger!

    this guy is incredible. beyond inspiring and definitely beautiful to boot. literally breath-taking actually and its an amazing voiceover. oh to be that passionate about something!!!!!!!!!! Poppy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stuff TRUE inspiration is made of. What a beautiful documentation of what it means to truly fulfill the calling of ones soul, not for profit or any other intention but the passion that runs through your veins to capture...to create. Thank you so much for sharing this video...I snagged the url and shared it with my daughter and sister already this morning! Excellent find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous video and an amazing guy. I wish more people were like him (me included) to run with what they love and their passions to carve out a job/career they can truely be proud of and enjoy every moment. Right well thats me handing in my notice at work monday morning *wink* Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful, thanks for sharing! Happy week! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome.
    Moving, inspiring and even, lovely.
    I could listen to that voice for hours...
    Thank you Jem x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful little film Jem. I wish I could be one of those people too, the ones who go searching, never give up, discover and don’t stop until they’ve found what they are looking for. Inspired indeed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the video, jem! so artistic and beautiful, I always love the sound of the waves crashing and the beautiful view of the ocean! i like when he said "live creatively" and totally inspired to do just that! Thanks for sharing this and i wish i can be more like him! love all the shots under the water and the beautiful scene where he put one hand up in the air where the birds were flying out!

    xx susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched this last night, very intriguing little film clip. I know exactly what you mean about people who are passionate about things - have you ever watched the film/documentary 'Man on Wire'? I saw it a couple of years ago and was absolutely mesmerised. It's about this French guy who basically spent his life doing insane and illegal net-free tightrope walking - he walks the span between the twin towers. He was the most charismatic amazing character, I really recommend it.

    Hope you're ok lovely and just devouring books (I'm liking Goodreads a lot)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful, haunting video clip!

    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was beautiful thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing, amazing, amazing! thanks for sharing! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. I wish I were that sort of person too at times. It's hard to chase dreams.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eye-poppingly, heartwarmingly stunning truth and beauty.

    Thank you SO much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)