Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Wish List of Loveliness

I've an eye for the pretty when out and about but I'm also guilty of hours spent online window shopping and daydreaming about the infinite number of things I'm taken by . . . .



Folksy is full of handcrafted treasures and one of my current crushes is this printed hessian cushion cover from Betsy Jarvis, not only is it made from one of my favourite materials and printed (in gorgeous typography) with a recipe for my favourite cocktail but it is also made in my home county of Lincolnshire which amps up it's appeal even more!


I've spent many happy hours browsing Anthropologie over the years, initially when it was only US based all I could do was covet, but when the EU site launched it intensified the longing!!  I'm very keen to get to London and visit one of their two stores there, but they also have one in Edinburgh now and while it's much further away Edinburgh has to be one of my favourite places on the planet.  Onto the subject of my ogling; their Happ & Stahns fragrance. The brilliant wordplay on 'happenstance' on it's own is enough to whack it to the top of my wish list but look at the packaging and the bottle itself with it's divine little pincushion and pretty pins . . .  !  Even the scent sounds lush 'pink peppercorns and Darjeeling tea are splashed with a burst of grapefruit, a dash of wisteria and the scent of ancient Alba roses, then softened with amber wood and cashmere musk'. 


In my view you can never have too many shoppers and this simple one, from Not Just Handbags - another Folksy seller, is well up my street.  One of those things I've always wanted to get round to is learning Italian, perhaps I will one day.  I can just picture this shopper bulging with charity shop bargains or book shop buys. Bliss!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you've sent your boy a link to this post, only 4 months til Christmas after all! ;-)

    That perfume bottle is amazing, never seen one quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to know the price of that perfume with pin cushion on top! darjeeling tea scent among other things? sounds heavenly!! i love margarita too but i'm drooling also with that cushion made of hessian! oh yes..i'm guilty as well of the amount of time i spent online drooling, making wishlist (mind u most of the times i dont ever get or buy them! too pricey) but well...daydreaming is my thing...and thanks to pinterest too that i get to just pin whatever i'm in love with haha ...folksy, ebay, etsy...ahhh wish i was a rich girl! hehe...ciao bella! hehe xx susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh!! gorge goodies!!the perfume bottle is totally stunning,v unique too as ive never seen one like that.the tote is so adorable!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely wishlist....in fact its a list that not only suits you, but also seems to suit the blog too...like these items should really rather belong to you!

    I'm, as you know, a convert to the loveliness that is Anthropologie, and I agree that going to the Edinburgh store is much more appealing....I've actually never been to scotland, but I'm dying to go...if only for the men!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that little sweet perfume bottle, Jem. I wonder if I could find that here? Every little detail, as you mentioned is so sweet. Love packaging design.. always have. Makes for a rather impulsive buyer when I am out and about!

    Enjoy Anthropologie wherever you end up finding it. Their store displays are going to BLOW you away!
    They are display geniuses.... be armed with your camera!

    :D
    Have a lovely day, Jem.
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the things you have picked out, so lovely and fancy!!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the neatest perfume bottle I've ever seen. Brilliant!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you can make it to an Anthro store someday, because they are really so lovely! Everything is decorated and displayed so beautifully that most times I go in there and never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bottle - it's wonderful! Don't you just want it all NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I now want that perfume bottle!! All beautiful items, thanks for sharing Jem and I hope you received some lovely gifts likt this as Lakota says for christmas :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfume bottle is scent-sational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jem, that perfume sounds delicious. Good enough to eat. I wish I could have a sniff...I have never seen a perfume packaged so sweetly either. If you are ever lucky enough to get your hands on a bottle please let us know what it smells like.
    The only perfume I wear is Channel No 5, but I think it might be time for a change...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margarita's - my favourite!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)