Thursday, 2 June 2011

Teacup Thursday

Firstly - apologies for the iPhone photography!  Usually I commandeer the fella's camera each time I want to snap something pretty but he has needed it for work an awful lot just recently, then when it has been available I often haven't been in a snap happy frame of mind.  I'm a contrary little weirdo at times you see (haha!).

So having missed a couple of Teacup Thursdays I didn't want to miss another - good picture or not, this is a sweet little Royal Albert duo called 'Val D'or'.  It isn't ornate and doesn't have a pattern but I was drawn to it's simplicity, the clean and crisp feel of it and the way that I could easily team it with any sort of place setting I fancied when setting a tea table, which, actually I haven't done in far too long.  Maybe a tea party of some sort is in order . . . . . .


I'm not sure on dates of production for the Val D'or line but I would not be at all surprised if it came into being shortly after Old Country Roses as the shape of both teacup and saucer and the places in which they're gilded is eerily similar to Country Roses.  If anyone has a better knowledge it'd be lovely to know!

'Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage' - Catherine Douzel.

Pop along to Teacup Thursday at Miss Spenser's Blog to see other lovely teacups.


Jem xXx

8 comments:

  1. whoaaaaa what an elegant teacup!! i must say i agree that the shape of it is similar to old country roses teacups! but i love its simplicity and i love the name of it Val D'or, reminds me of Dior hehehe xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty, simple and elegant as Miss Tea says :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty cup, good to see an iphone pic from you *wink* even thought your iphone pic is way better than a lot of my camera shots baaaa! Mwah Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tea party sounds like a lovely idea Jem...wish I could come x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you've still done a great job on the snapping with an iphone jem! its the way you style yourpictures that works so well, theyre interesting but never overly fussy,clean and pretty images your blog is full of!loving the simplicity of the duo too its the perfect set to pop roses inthe teacup!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous teacup, hun!
    Am so glad I can comment using Name/URL on your blog, not being able to comment under Google Account on some blogs is driving me mad!

    Loves xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you needed to join us again! I miss you when you don't post. What an elegant and simple teacup.I haven't been to tea or had one since Valentine's so longing for teatime!
    Lady Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jem sometimes the simple things are just divine. I love this teacup set. I still don't have access to a dining table here but I am longing for the day when I can set the table and use some of my treasured table ware and teacups.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)