Thursday, 3 March 2011

Teacup Thursday


This Teacup Thursday I have opted for one of my older tea trios, made by Royal Doulton which dates from some time between 1891 and 1902.  It is a little careworn in places but I think I could happily design an entire room around the pattern! 






To quote Billy Connolly; 

'Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.'  

Take a look at other participants showcasing some of their favourite teacups on Miss Spenser's Blog

Take care,
Jem xXx





5 comments:

  1. I love the pattern and colours of this teacup, gorgeous!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be my fave of those you've posted so far, im now daydreaming about the pattern put onto wallpaper can you imagine ? lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jem!
    Thanks for the visit and for the laughs - that quote just cracked me up :)
    I love the pattern on your tea trio. You're right,it's full of design inspiration! Please be sure to share your project when you're done - I would love to see it.
    Hugs,
    Sabre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Billy Connolly quote the other day & cracked up. We watched his "Across America" series & really enjoyed it! A pretty teacup trio as well!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty teacup. Teacup trios are my favorite things to collect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)