Friday, 25 March 2011

Junkin' Finds Friday

Lately I've been picking up most of my bargains at the Salvation Army shop - good bargains seem to go in cycles from shop to shop here, that being said I picked up some gorgeous things in the British Heart Foundation earlier on but that's another post entirely!  I'll pop out and shop whatever the weather and have no qualms donning coat and umbrella to brave the elements but it was nice to have some gorgeous spring sunshine along with the fresh breeze to accompany me on this particular charity shop swoop.


This little cherub candle holder was 25p and as I have very few cherubs around the house he was a must buy - I picked up the vanilla scented candle along with him for 10p. The cushion in the background was one of the first things to ping the radar when I walked in.


The sheen of the fabric and the sparkly threads running through it really struck a chord with me, it was one of two identical cushions both of which were tucked under my arm the moment I saw their price tags; 50p apiece. One cushion is losing it's edging but that I can tackle!


I can't help wishing there had been a sizeable remnant of this fabric conveniently folded up somewhere in the shop as I would love to make a blind, a table runner or a shopping tote with it and will be on the hunt for something similar from now on!


The gold frame below was looking rather sorry for itself stacked behind some truly creepy porcelain figures, one of whom looked like the ceramic embodiment of Rasputin playing the banjo and the other had a fairly murderous expression and eyes that followed me around the shop!  The frame backing was completely off centre leaving it unable to stand properly but at 60p I decided it was alright to wrench that off when I got home and find another way of using the frame.


For now I've popped it onto this gold wall hook I picked up in a local department store for £2 in the January sales and hung in the hallway.  Eventually though I'd like to use it in some altered art - something I've just begun collecting materials for and can't wait to start having a bash at! 

I'll be linking this post up to Junkin' Finds Friday with Linda at A La Carte and Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage.  Stop by to see other thrifty and gorgeous bits and pieces.


Flaunt It Friday at Chic On A Shoestring


Take care,
Jem xXx


12 comments:

  1. I think the empty frame looks perfect where you've put it.

    You take such beautiful photos Jem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way your pop things together is so beautiful I absolutley looove the cushion and cherub what bargains!!!!!

    rasputin playing the banjo - tea on keyboard!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Love the cushions. Frame looks just right.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Jem and such lovely finds. Oh and what bargains too! Love what you've done with the gold frame. Looking forward to seeing your altered art. Have a fabulous weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jem!!!!! Im in awe of your bargain prowess - i love all your finds and I would have wrestled you for those cushions! Beautiful photos as ever - do you use a SLR camera or a point and shoot? Im looking to get a new camera soon. I cant wait to see what other bargains you've bagged. Mwah Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jem what wonderful finds this week! I love the material on those pillows. I can see you joy in them. The frame has so much charm I know you will do something amazing with it. Thanks so much for joining JFF! Its been a blast! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ickle cherub and the frame looks fab on your gorgeous crown hook! Have a great weekend.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW! that beautiful cherub holder for 25p???? amazing!!! I also use the same miss dior perfume as yours! hehehe....i do love the cushion so much, it looks elegant, i'm sure you could tackle anything but it looks fab already in the photo!! love the chords around it and the fabric of the cushions are so expensive looking who would have thought u got it for 50p! last but not last least the gorgeous gold wall hook with the frame, im in love! would someone steal if you put it and hang it on the front door? hehehehe gorgeous! can't wait to see your next post on your finds at the British Heart Foundation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, can't wait until your guest post is up on Sunday :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finds. I really love the little crown hook and frame! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet treasures! Love that frame with the crown- so darling! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jem, i do hope your husband will get better soon and seems like we both are playing the nurse this weekend hehe. I wish you both a HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY and many many more to come!! x Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)