Thursday, 3 February 2011

Teacup Thursday

This week I am excited to join in with Teacup Thursday for the first time; hosted over on the lovely Miss Spenser's Blog, Teacup Thursday offers a chance to show off a favourite teacup of mine and admire those of everyone taking part, heaven!

If you have read my blog before you will know my love of vintage china and be unsurprised that the week before last I wandered into my favourite local charity shop, The British Heart Foundation, and stumbled upon yet another bundle of loveliness I could not leave behind.  My eyes are well trained by now and the moment I spot a teacup I'm drawn like a moth to a flame, this tea trio (teacup, saucer and tea plate) was one of five being sold as a set and I pounced . . . .




The pattern is very similar to one by Royal Albert called 'Country Roses' but is made by Crown Trent, one of the Staffordshire potteries which I was told closed down a couple of years ago.  With Stoke on Trent, home of the British ceramics industry, only half an hour from here it explains the china popping up in the antique and charity shops locally.  Really must visit the potteries and the Wedgwood museum there in the near future!

Take care, 
Jem xXx


15 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty teacup and the floral pattern is very sweet, what a lovely thing to find and how nice that the money goes to a charity too, you really have an eye for the beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a LOVELY teacup!! I've never seen that pattern before... it does remind me of the "Country Roses" but i think I think yours better! My mom and I feel so honored to have you join us for Teacup Thursday! Have a wonderful day!
    ~Miss Spenser

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Donna from Miss Spenser's (the momma!) What a lovely teacup...I love all things Royal Albert! And, yes, I second Miss Spenser's comment - we are so excited to have you join our Teacup Thursdays! I'd love to talk to you off line, could you contact me @ cityslickers@hughes.net? TX. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning-here it is morning.Love your photos!Nice to "meet" you and join you for tea.Drop by my site anytime and stay awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your finds! I wish I had your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jem,
    What a sweet teacup and it really does look like Old Country Roses! I would love a visit from you too as I also love teacups, teapots, etc. Lovely to 'meet' you!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, and so beautifully photographed. A Wedgwood museum sound delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely teacup - what an excellent find! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jem!
    I can see why you couldn't pass this one up - it's just lovely!!!
    Thank you for the visit and again for being so informative. I'm going to add your blog to my sidebar under "favorites" so I'll know when you make a new post. I always learn something new here :)
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Sabre'

    ReplyDelete
  10. how happy for you!
    i loved visiting the potteries when i stayed in stoke ~ definitely worth the trip!
    i know one we visited actually had a tearoom on site ~ which of course we didn't pass up ")
    thx for sharing your JOY with us !
    tea's on at FHC ~ Welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful cup, and lovely photography!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gourgeous blog!
    http://ehellellah.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charming pattern...love anything with roses!
    Have a great weekend...
    Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, i could drink out of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Have just discovered your blog - from one tea cup lover to another! I bought tea set very similar if not the same as this cup at the bootsale on Sunday - I blogged about it :o)
    You have a beautfiul blog. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)