Saturday, 8 January 2011

Pin Dishes

I never really saw the point of these little dishes growing up - it seemed silly to have them lying around seemingly empty and useless until I realised how pretty they are, which is enough reason in itself to have a couple, but also how handy they are for popping earrings in overnight or change for the bus/parking.


This little one is made by Crown Derby and is in the 'Derby Posies' pattern.


Generally speaking I'm not the world's biggest fan of florals, but when it comes to china I adore them!


The dainty daisies and the swirly gilding really caught my eye.


The problem is now I have one I'd like more!




Jem xXx





5 comments:

  1. hello jem! thanks bunches for your sweet comment!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so pretty - the pictures are gorgeous and I like the way you write!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to find these little gems. I rely on my antique dealer friend to find them for me and then charge me a touch more to buy them off him! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adoring your blog and each time I read a post the next one captured my attention. Love this pin dish though it looks too pretty for pins. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a very thoughtful comment. It's very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)