Saturday, 1 January 2011

Bottles


I have something of a fascination with glass - all sorts of glass from vases to stained glass panels - but in particular bottles.  The way they catch the light is beautiful and it never fails to strike me that although contemporary recycled glass can have a similar turquoise tint to it, there is nothing like an old bottle for that wonderful hue. 


This little group of bottles were a gift from my fella's Mum who dug them up in the garden of the 18th century cottage she once owned.  Needless to say I was thrilled and they've quickly taken pride of place on the little ledge halfway up the windy staircase of our own creaky old place. 


This ink bottle is one of my favourites as it has a thumbprint in the glass and I can't help wondering who the maker was.


I'm a big fan of practicality so the tablespoon markers on this one catch my fancy - always nice to know how much you have left in a bottle! 

Take care,

Jem xXx 


2 comments:

  1. Very nice for candles or flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE coloured glass! I hunt it out where ever I can. What beautiful finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)