Thursday, 28 October 2010

Silver Victorian Locket



This locket came with it's original silver chain but I prefer to wear it on a tan leather cord, it is British made - stamped on the back with a lion for the UK, an anchor for Birmingham and dated the year 1884.


One taken next to a ten pence piece to give it a little scale


The inside of the locket.

It is lovely to wear - reassuringly heavy and has the faintest rattle when I move, I have such a thing for lockets - possibly due to the potential for storing secret things or images of my loved ones inside but oddly none of my lockets are full of pictures!  Perhaps shrinking some of my favourite photos will be a  task for a rainy afternoon :-) 

Take care,

Jem xXx


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, it's lovely! Very nice design on the front and I'm impressed that it's a quite good sized locket too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a note, they make my day! :-)